Hot weather to continue in Himachal hills, rain unlikelyJune 20th, 2010 - 7:27 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 20 (IANS) The hills of Himachal Pradesh will continue experiencing unusually high temperatures as there are no chances of rain in the next few days, a met official said here Sunday.
“Temperatures continued to remain on the higher side in the state due to lack of rainfall and such conditions would continue for the next few days,” Manmohan Singh, director of the meteorological office here, told IANS.
He said most of the popular tourist destinations like Shimla, Kasauli, Kufri, Narkanda, Chamba, Dalhousie, Manali, Dharamsala and Kalpa Sunday were relatively warm, recording one-to-six-notches above-normal day temperatures.
Una town was the hottest in the state with a high of 40.8 degrees Celsius, five degrees above average.
The Queen of Hills, as Shimla was popularly called by the British, recorded the maximum temperature at 28.5 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was 20.4 degrees Celsius.
“Shimla’s day temperature was 5.3 notches above average and the night temperature too was five degrees above normal,” he said.
Likewise, Dharamsala in Kangra district recorded a high of 36.8 degrees Celsius, six notches above average, while it was 37.5 degrees in Sundernagar in Mandi district, 36.4 degrees in Bhuntar in Kullu district and 34 degrees in Solan town.
The met department said dry weather would prevail across the state Monday.
- Temperatures soar across Himachal, rain in store - Jun 21, 2012
- Rains in store in Himachal Pradesh - Jun 04, 2012
- Warming Himachal hills portend rains? - Jul 03, 2012
- Dry spell raises temperatures in Himachal hills - Jul 18, 2012
- Heat wave continues in Himachal hills - Jun 17, 2012
- Another hot day in Himachal Pradesh - Jun 27, 2010
- Himachal continues to experience warm weather - Jun 01, 2010
- Heat grips Shimla too (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Shimla's temperature 6 degrees above average - May 29, 2012
- Temperatures soar across Himachal - Jun 12, 2012
- Shivering in Delhi? Head to sunny Himachal hills - Jan 07, 2011
- Freezing cold in Kashmir, still cool in Himachal - Nov 29, 2011
- Himachal slightly warmer after five days of snow, rain - Feb 18, 2011
- Evening showers cool Shimla - May 30, 2011
- Hot weather continues in Himachal hills - Jun 30, 2012
Tags: chamba, chances of rain, dharamsala, district 36, dry weather, five degrees, high temperatures, himachal hills, hot weather, kalpa, kasauli, manali, mandi district, manmohan, manmohan singh, maximum temperature, meteorological office, minimum temperature, night temperature, notches