Hot, sweltering day for DelhiJune 28th, 2012 - 11:48 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 28 (IANS) Despite light rains the day before, Delhiites woke up to another hot morning Thursday with the minimum temperature settling two notches above the average for the season at 30.4 degrees Celsius. The met department forecast a cloudy, hot day.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the capital received 0.4 mm of rainfall from Wednesday evening till 8.30 a.m. Thursday.
“The sky is likely to become partly cloudy as the day progresses and there is no forecast of rain. Maximum temperature will be around 41 degrees Celsius,” said an official from India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Humidity recorded at 8.30 a.m. was 63 percent.
Wednesday’s maximum and minimum temperatures were three notches above average at 40.2 degrees and 31 degrees Celsius, respectively.
- Hot Friday for Delhi - Jun 29, 2012
- Muggy Sunday morning in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2012
- Hot morning in Delhi - Mar 20, 2012
- Unrelenting heat in Delhi, no respite Friday (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Sunny Tuesday morning in Delhi - May 15, 2012
- Humid morning in Delhi, showers expected - Jul 29, 2012
- Bright day in Delhi, thunder storm expected - May 11, 2012
- Hot day ahead in Delhi - Apr 04, 2012
- Hot, cloudy day for Delhi - Sep 11, 2012
- Hot morning in Delhi, rains expected - Jun 01, 2012
- Drizzle in parts of Delhi, muggy Tuesday likely (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Warm, cloudy Sunday for Delhi - Apr 01, 2012
- Pleasant morning in Delhi, rains in store - Jul 28, 2011
- Pleasant morning in Delhi, rain in store - Apr 12, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, showers ahead - Sep 08, 2012
Tags: hot day, humidity, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, light rains, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, minimum temperatures, New Delhi, rain, rainfall, sky, three notches, wednesday evening