Hot morning in Delhi, rain likelyJune 22nd, 2012 - 11:22 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 22 (IANS) The day began on a scorching note for the capital Friday with the minimum temperature settling five notches above average at 32.8 degrees Celsius. However, the weather office has forecast some respite with possible thundershowers towards the evening.
“The skies will remain partly cloudy through the day but there could be rain towards the evening and night in some parts of the city,” an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
“The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 43 degrees Celsius,” the official added.
Humidity recorded at 8.30 a.m. was 44 percent.
Thursday’s maximum temperature settled five notches above the average at 43.6 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was six notches above the average at 33.6 degrees Celsius.
- Hot morning in Delhi, rains expected - Jun 01, 2012
- Scorching Sunday in Delhi, squalls likely (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- Rains expected in Delhi Saturday (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Hot day for Delhi, light rains expected - Jul 02, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, rain likely - Jun 25, 2012
- Warm, cloudy Sunday for Delhi - Apr 01, 2012
- Sunny morning in capital, rain likely - Jun 23, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, dust storm likely - Jun 02, 2012
- Drizzle in Delhi, thunderstorm likely - Jun 18, 2012
- Hot Tuesday in Delhi - Jun 12, 2012
- Breezy morning gives Delhiites some respite - Jul 04, 2012
- Warm Tuesday morning in Delhi - May 08, 2012
- Humid morning in Delhi, showers expected - Jul 29, 2012
- Delhi cool after drizzle, Tuesday to be hotter (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Sunny morning in Delhi, rain likely - May 13, 2012