Hot, humid Saturday in Delhi, rains expected Sunday (Lead)August 18th, 2012 - 8:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 18 (IANS) Delhi residents sweated it out Saturday on a hot and sultry day that saw the temperatures settling above average. The met office though has assured some relief Sunday with a forecast of light rains in the evening.
“The skies will be partly cloudy tomorrow (Sunday) and some parts of the city will receive light rains,” said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 35 and 27 degrees Celsius, respectively.
The skies remained clear Saturday but the high humidity levels coupled with above- average temperatures troubled the people.
The day’s maximum temperature was 35.7 degrees Celsius while the minimum was 28 degrees — both two notches above average.
The humidity levels wavered between a high of 81 and a low of 59 percent.
The maximum temperature Friday was 35.6 degrees Celsius, two notches above the average for the season.
- Sultry Sunday in Delhi, some rain expected Monday (Lead) - Aug 12, 2012
- Sultry Friday in Delhi, no rain again (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Sunny day in Delhi, rain expected Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- Hot, sunny Sunday in Delhi, rains expected Monday (Lead) - May 20, 2012
- Delhi has another hot day, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Hot Saturday in Delhi, mercury to rise further Sunday (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- No rains in Delhi Thursday, likely Friday (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Hot Wednesday in Delhi, mercury to rise further (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, light rain expected Saturday (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Sultry morning in Delhi, rain likely - Sep 09, 2012
- Muggy Tuesday in Delhi, rain expected Wednesday (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sunny Sunday in Delhi, cloudy Monday likely (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Hot, sunny day in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Bright Sunday in Delhi, hot start to week expected (Lead) - Mar 18, 2012