Hot day in Delhi, mercury to rise Thursday (Lead)June 20th, 2012 - 8:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 20 (IANS) It was a sweltering day in the national capital Wednesday with the maximum temperature settling five notches above average at 43.3 degrees Celsius. The met office has forecast similar weather conditions Thursday.
The day’s minimum temperature was two notches above average at 29.7 degrees Celsius, said the India Meteorological Department (IMD), adding that the humidity levels wavered between 63 and 16 percent.
According to the IMD, Delhiites can expect similar weather Thursday though the mercury is expected to rise further.
The skies will be clear and the maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover between 44 and 30 degrees Celsius, respectively.
Tuesday’s maximum temperature was four notches above the average at 41.5 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was average for this time of the season at 28.2 degrees.
- Hot Wednesday in Delhi, mercury to rise further (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, rain expected Friday (Second Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Sunny, windy Thursday in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
- Sweltering day for Delhi - Jun 20, 2012
- Hot Tuesday in Delhi, similar weather Wednesday (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- Hot, dry day in Delhi, mercury to rise Saturday (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Another sweltering day in Delhi, no respite Sunday (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Another pleasant day in Delhi (Lead) - Oct 20, 2011
- Hot Wednesday in Delhi, rains likely Thursday (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Unrelenting heat in Delhi, no respite Friday (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Warm day in Delhi, no respite Saturday (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, rain expected - May 19, 2011
- Another warm day in Delhi (Lead) - Nov 04, 2011
- Warm day in Delhi, similar weather Thursday (Lead) - Nov 02, 2011
- Hot Monday in Delhi, mercury to rise further (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012