Hot and cloudy Thursday in Delhi, some rains likely Friday (Lead)July 19th, 2012 - 10:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 19 (IANS) The capital’s residents went through a cloudy and hot Thursday with no rains, but there was some relief due to a light breeze even as the maximum temperature went seven notches above average to 40.5 degrees Celsius. Some rain is likely Friday.
“The skies would be cloudy skies and light rains or thundershowers may occur in some areas Friday,” said an official at the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Till now the capital has recorded a total rainfall of only 88.6 mm, which is 49 percent less than normal.
The minimum temperature Thursday settled six notches above average at 32.2 degrees Celsius. The humidity oscillated between a high and low of 64 and 33 percent.
This year, the monsoon is expected to last in the national capital till Sep 20 but its position might change, said the IMD.
Wednesday’s maximum temperature was recorded at 40.3 degrees Celsius, six notches above the average for the season, while the minimum was three notches above average at 29.2 degrees.
- Muggy Wednesday, no rain likely till Friday (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Muggy morning in Delhi - Jul 20, 2012
- Breezy morning in Delhi, light rains likely - Jul 19, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, light showers expected - Jul 28, 2012
- Muggy Sunday morning in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2012
- Rain likely in Delhi Thursday (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Breezy morning gives Delhiites some respite - Jul 04, 2012
- Humid, cloudy Sunday in Delhi; rains likely Monday (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Sunny morning in Delhi, rain likely - May 13, 2012
- Steamy Monday in Delhi as rains stay away again (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Muggy morning in Delhi, rains expected - Jul 23, 2012
- Hot, sweltering day for Delhi - Jun 28, 2012
- Cloudy day for Delhi, rain likely (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Cloudy, hot Tuesday in Delhi, rains in store (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Thundershowers lash Delhi, more rain predicted (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
Tags: cloudy skies, humidity, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, light breeze, light rains, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, monsoon, New Delhi, rain, rainfall, three notches, thundershowers