Horse that does yogaSeptember 7th, 2011 - 7:36 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 7 (IANS) A 17-year-old horse has learnt to make complex moves of yoga that even helped him get rid of stiffness in his joints, a media report said Wednesday.
Lewis, an Egyptian Arabian, began copying Linda Guanti, 35, as she did stretching exercises to strengthen her own bad back after a fall, express.co.uk reported.
She has taught him complex moves such as the “bow”, in which he kneels forward and pushes his head into the ground, and the “neck side stretch” to improve suppleness.
“I was amazed when he began to do yoga,” said Linda, of British Columbia, Canada. “Lewis has learned to remain calm in vulnerable positions that would frighten most horses. It helps to keep him fit,” the Express quoted her as saying.
- Yoga relieves body ache - Oct 17, 2010
- Yoga has "avatars" in America - Jan 10, 2011
- Now get hands on Bieber doll - Feb 19, 2011
- Kate Middleton cried watching 'War Horse' - Feb 01, 2012
- A madrassa starts yoga, propagates communal harmony - Dec 24, 2010
- Sweat, stretch, smile with Bikram Yoga (With Image) - Oct 20, 2010
- Six weeks old kids practicing yoga Down Under - Aug 09, 2010
- Yoga is 13th most popular physical activity among Aussies - Nov 08, 2010
- Horse's tragic death cancels royal ceremony - Jun 03, 2011
- Free yoga to unemployed in USA - Dec 30, 2010
- When Nicolas Cage took drugs with his cat - Jul 17, 2010
- Mubarak's wife pens book on grandson - May 19, 2011
- Jennifer Lawrence rescues drunk woman - Jun 27, 2012
- Arun Shourie: Threshold of pain (IANS Books) - Jul 19, 2011
- Yoga comes to Maoist firebrand Prachanda's aid - Mar 29, 2010