Himachal’s Keylong in deep freeze at minus 6.1 degreesDecember 24th, 2011 - 5:53 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Dec 24 (IANS) Many parts of Himachal Pradesh reeled under severe cold Saturday, with the minimum temperature staying below freezing point in many tourist resorts, except Shimla.
Keylong, the headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti district, was the coldest place, with minimum temperature at minus 6.1 degrees Celsius.
The night temperature in capital Shimla was 4.2 degrees Celsius, while Kalpa, some 250 km from here, saw a low of minus 2.6 degrees Celsius.
It was minus 0.4 degree Celsius in Manali and minus 1.7 degrees in Solan, a Met department release here said.
The Met office said the weather would be mainly dry Sunday.
- Sunny but chilly in Himachal - Jan 23, 2012
- Himachal's Keylong freezes at minus 16.7 degrees Celsius - Jan 24, 2011
- Shimla slightly warm but cold persists in Himachal - Dec 28, 2011
- Cold wave persists in Himachal - Dec 29, 2011
- Himachal's Keylong sees season's heaviest snow - Mar 05, 2012
- Icy winds sweep Himachal towns - Dec 26, 2011
- More snow in Manali, Kalpa and higher reaches of Himachal - Jan 26, 2012
- Severe cold persists in Himachal towns and cities - Dec 27, 2011
- Sunny, but nippy day in Himachal - Feb 15, 2012
- Himachal shivers, but Shimla slightly warmer - Dec 16, 2011
- North India shivers as winter chill continues (Roundup) - Dec 27, 2011
- Snowfall likely in Himachal on New Year's Day - Dec 30, 2011
- Sunny, but chilly day in Himachal - Feb 06, 2012
- Himachal freezes at sub-zero temperatures - Dec 11, 2010
- Mercury plummets across Himachal Pradesh - Jan 21, 2012
Tags: cold saturday, coldest place, dec 24, deep freeze, degree celsius, freezing point, himachal, lahaul and spiti district, manali, minimum temperature, night temperature, spiti, tourist resorts, weather