Himachal towns lashed by heavy rainsJune 30th, 2011 - 12:22 am ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 29 (IANS) The hills of Himachal Pradesh experienced moderate to heavy rainfall Wednesday with Paonta Sahib and Nahan towns in Sirmaur district receiving 219 mm and 210 mm of rain respectively.
The heavy rainfall triggered landslides in some interior areas of Sirmaur district, a government spokesperson said here. However, the state-run buses were plying normally.
The weather bureau here said Dharamsala, Sundernagar and Palampur towns saw 82.8 mm, 53.2 mm and 48.4 mm of rain respectively till 8.30 a.m. Wednesday.
The state capital Shimla recorded 35.5 mm rain.
The Met Office has forecast heavy rainfall at some places in the state Thursday.
- Heavy rains forecast in Himachal hills - Jul 07, 2011
- Heavy rains likely in Himachal - Jun 26, 2011
- Heavy rains predicted in Himachal - Jul 08, 2012
- Himachal may get heavy rains - Jul 17, 2010
- Himachal gets season's first snow amid rains (Lead) - Aug 13, 2011
- Some Himachal places may get heavy rains again - Sep 23, 2010
- Heavy rains in Himachal, more in store - Sep 18, 2012
- Himachal gets relief from heavy rainfall (Lead) - Sep 23, 2010
- Bright sunny day in Himachal - Sep 24, 2010
- Rains bring down temperatures in Himachal - Jul 05, 2012
- Monsoon active again in Himachal - Sep 03, 2012
- Himachal may see heavy rains, rivers in spate - Aug 19, 2012
- Dry spell raises temperatures in Himachal hills - Jul 18, 2012
- Monsoon finally arrives in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Himachal rivers in spate, may spell trouble for Punjab, Haryana - Sep 22, 2010