Himachal to give solar lamps at remote villagesAugust 3rd, 2012 - 7:28 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Aug 3 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh will provide solar lamps at pastoral settlements in non-electrified villages, an official said here Friday.
The ministry of new and renewable energy has sanctioned Rs.1.07 crore to the state government under the energy conservation scheme for distributing solar lanterns among sheep and goat breeders in remote and tribal areas, a government spokesperson told IANS.
He said as many as 4,337 lanterns would be provided by Himurja, a state-run agency that is promoting use of non-conventional energy.
Himachal Pradesh has developed a master plan to promote non-conventional energy and is developing two solar-powered towns - Shimla and Hamirpur.
The state’s first solar energy plant of 200 KV capacity has been set up at Baru Sahib in Sirmaur district, while 216 police posts would soon be getting two KV solar power plants.
The state government distributed compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) to every household free of cost in 2008-09. This has resulted in a saving of about 270 million units of power worth Rs.100 crore in a year.
- Himachal developing solar-powered cities - Aug 20, 2011
- He dispels darkness through solar lamps (With photo) - Aug 20, 2012
- US firm to set up solar power plant in Himachal - Oct 10, 2010
- Agartala to be Northeast India's first solar city - Sep 12, 2012
- Shimla, Hamirpur to go solar - Mar 22, 2010
- Himachal aims to earn carbon credits - Dec 08, 2010
- 21 hydro projects to start in Himachal this year - Jan 07, 2011
- UP to explore unconventional sources to meet power shortage - Aug 14, 2012
- India's largest industrial solar plant operational in Punjab - Jul 29, 2012
- West Bengal planning new renewable energy policy - Apr 12, 2012
- Heavy rains predicted in Himachal - Jul 08, 2012
- India's first 3 MW solar plant unveiled in Karnataka - Jun 17, 2010
- Haryana Raj Bhawan buildings to get solar power plants - May 04, 2010
- Himachal launches green policy on used CFL lamps - Dec 11, 2011
- Assam's village-islands use solar power to break free of darkness (Science Feature) (With Image) - Jul 15, 2012
Tags: compact fluorescent lamps, crore, energy conservation, energy plant, goat breeders, government spokesperson, household, kv, non conventional energy, pastoral settlements, police posts, renewable energy, sahib, sheep, solar energy, solar lanterns, solar power plants, state government, tribal areas, worth rs