Himachal sees fresh snowfall, gets colderJanuary 30th, 2011 - 2:22 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Jan 30 (IANS) The hills of Himachal Pradesh experienced a fresh spell of snowfall early Sunday, intensifying the cold wave in the region with Shimla recording a low of 2.6 degrees Celsius and Keylong shivering at minus 8.9 degrees.”The entire higher reaches in Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Kullu and Chamba districts have been experiencing intermittent snow since early Sunday,” Manmohan Singh, director of the meteorological office here, told IANS.
He said popular tourist destinations Manali in Kullu district and Kalpa in Kinnaur district also received moderate snow.
Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district was the coldest place in the state with the minimum temperature at minus 8.9 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa saw a low of minus 2.3 degrees Celsius, while it was 2.8 degrees at Bhuntar and 3.5 degrees at Dharamsala.
State capital Shimla recorded a night temperature at 2.6 degrees Celsius.
“There is a possibility more snow in the state at least till Monday,” Singh added.
- Himachal's popular tourist destinations get more snow (Lead) - Jan 30, 2011
- More snow on Himachal's higher reaches - Jan 20, 2011
- Severe cold in Himachal, rain disrupts flights - Feb 15, 2011
- Himachal hill towns get set for more snow (Lead) - Jan 09, 2011
- Snow, rain continue in Himachal - Feb 14, 2012
- Mild snowfall in Shimla, Manali - Mar 08, 2012
- More rain, snow likely in Himachal - Jan 07, 2011
- Himachal's Keylong sees season's heaviest snow - Mar 05, 2012
- Shimla, Manali get snowfall, mercury dips (Lead) - Feb 16, 2011
- Hills overlooking Manali get snow again - Feb 06, 2011
- Intense cold returns to Himachal after snowfall - Jan 31, 2011
- More snow in Manali, Kalpa and higher reaches of Himachal - Jan 26, 2012
- Manali wrapped up in white blanket - Dec 10, 2011
- Snowfall in Himachal - Nov 18, 2010
- Himachal shivers, but Shimla slightly warmer - Dec 16, 2011
Tags: chamba, cold wave, coldest place, intermittent snow, kalpa, kinnaur, kullu, lahaul and spiti district, manmohan, manmohan singh, meteorological office, minimum temperature, moderate snow, night temperature, reaches, snowfall, spiti, tourist destinations