Himachal may experience heavy snow, rainMarch 1st, 2011 - 8:01 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, March 1 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh may experience heavy rain and snowfall in the next two days, a weather official said here Tuesday.”There are chances of heavy snowfall and rainfall at some places in Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Chamba, Kangra, Mandi, Kullu and Shimla districts till March 3,” meteorological office director Manmohan Singh told IANS.
He said the western disturbances over north Pakistan and adjoining Jammu and Kashmir would affect western Himalayas and adjoining plains of northwest India during the next three to four days.
Most of the prominent tourist towns in the mid-hills like Shimla, Kufri, Narkanda and Manali may witness moderate snowfall, he said.
Popular hill destination Manali saw 35 cm of snowfall since Monday afternoon. Kalpa in Kinnaur district recorded 9.1 cm snow while Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti received 4 cm snow.
Shimla recorded a low of 4.6 degrees Celsius whereas the maximum was 8.2 degrees.
Keylong was the coldest place in the state with a low of minus 3.7 degrees, while it was minus 1.6 degree in Kalpa, 6.2 degrees at Bhuntar and 3.5 degrees at Dharamsala.
- Heavy rain, snow expected in Himachal - Feb 07, 2011
- More snow in Himachal, high alert in state (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- Shimla, Manali get snowfall, mercury dips (Lead) - Feb 16, 2011
- Shimla, Manali get more snowfall (Lead) - Feb 26, 2011
- Snow, rain continue in Himachal - Feb 14, 2012
- It's snowing Valentine's fun in Himachal - Feb 13, 2012
- Avalanche threat in Himachal - Jan 16, 2012
- Himachal shivers, taps freeze in Shimla (Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- Mild snowfall in Shimla, Manali - Mar 08, 2012
- Severe cold in Himachal, snowfall disrupts flights (Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- Himachal braces for rain, snow - Jan 02, 2012
- Himachal's Keylong sees season's heaviest snow - Mar 05, 2012
- Himachal's popular tourist destinations get more snow (Lead) - Jan 30, 2011
- Sunny but nippy New Year's day in Himachal (Lead) - Jan 01, 2011
- Himachal shivers, Shimla has season's coldest night - Jan 06, 2012
Tags: coldest place, destination manali, heavy rain, heavy snow, heavy snowfall, jammu and kashmir, kalpa, kinnaur, kullu, manmohan, manmohan singh, meteorological office, mid hills, narkanda, north pakistan, northwest india, office director, popular hill, tourist towns, western himalayas