Himachal has break in snowfall, but more in store (Lead)January 17th, 2012 - 6:41 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Jan 17 (IANS) After two consecutive days of snowfall and rain Himachal Pradesh Tuesday got some relief, but the cold continued to grip the hills, said an official.
The meteorological office here said no major snow or rainfall has been reported in the state since Monday evening.
Keylong, the headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti, was the coldest in the state with sub-zero 7.6 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa, 250 km from the capital, recorded a minimum temperature of minus 7.2 degrees Celsius, Manali minus 1 degree Celsius and Dharamsala recorded 2.1 degrees Celsius. Shimla was just about the freezing point at 0.2 degree.
All buses for Delhi from Shimla and Manali were plying normally. But buses for upper Shimla towns like Rohru, Theog, Kharapathar and Chopal were suspended due to heavy snowfall, said an official.
However, the Met Office has warned of more snow during the weekend.
A fresh western disturbance is likely to affect the western Himalayan region from Jan 21, said the weather office.
- Himachal gets relief from snow, rain - Jan 17, 2012
- Avalanche threat in Himachal - Jan 16, 2012
- Himachal in line for more snow (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- Himachal's Keylong sees season's heaviest snow - Mar 05, 2012
- Himachal braces for rain, snow - Jan 02, 2012
- Manali wrapped up in white blanket - Dec 10, 2011
- Mild snowfall in Shimla, Manali - Mar 08, 2012
- More snow in store for Shimla, Manali - Feb 11, 2012
- Mercury plummets across Himachal Pradesh - Jan 21, 2012
- Cold wave grip continues on Himachal (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Shimla, Manali get snowfall, mercury dips (Lead) - Feb 16, 2011
- Mercury up but snow in store in Himachal - Feb 19, 2012
- Shimla gets more snow - Jan 11, 2012
- Himachal may experience heavy snow, rain - Mar 01, 2011
- More snow in Manali, Kalpa and higher reaches of Himachal - Jan 26, 2012
Tags: buses, consecutive days, degree celsius, dharamsala, freezing point, heavy snowfall, himalayan region, jan 21, manali, meteorological office, minimum temperature, rain, rainfall, spiti, theog, weather office, zero 7