Himachal continues to experience warm weatherJune 1st, 2010 - 7:17 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 1 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh continued to experience warm weather Tuesday with the temperature recorded two to five degrees Celsius above the average, the weatherman said. State capital Shimla saw a high of 29.4 degrees Celsius.
“The temperature in the state remained on the higher side due to long dry spell,” Manmohan Singh, director of the meteorological office, told IANS.
Shimla’s day temperature was five degrees above what is the average for this time of the season. Similarly, the night temperature was 19.9 degrees Celsius, which was 4.7 degrees above the average.
Kalpa, the picturesque town located 250 km from Shimla, recorded day temperature at 22.6 degrees Celsius while it was 36.2 degrees Celsius in Bhuntar in Kullu district, 36.2 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala in Kangra district, and 42.2 degrees Celsius in Una town.
Popular tourist resorts like Narkanda, Kufri, Kasauli, Manali, Palampur, Chamba and Dalhousie also experienced warm weather.
The Met department forecast dry weather in the state Wednesday.
- Shimla's temperature 6 degrees above average - May 29, 2012
- Warming Himachal hills portend rains? - Jul 03, 2012
- Heat grips Shimla too (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Dry spell raises temperatures in Himachal hills - Jul 18, 2012
- Evening showers cool Shimla - May 30, 2011
- Temperatures soar across Himachal, rain in store - Jun 21, 2012
- Rains in store in Himachal Pradesh - Jun 04, 2012
- Hot weather to continue in Himachal hills, rain unlikely - Jun 20, 2010
- Another hot day in Himachal Pradesh - Jun 27, 2010
- More snow in Himachal, high alert in state (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- Heavy rains likely in Himachal Tuesday - Jun 07, 2010
- Heat wave continues in Himachal hills - Jun 17, 2012
- Snowfall in Himachal - Nov 18, 2010
- Himachal shivers, Shimla sees coldest night of season - Jan 16, 2011
- Rain cools hills of Himachal - May 27, 2011
Tags: celsius, chamba, dharamsala, district 36, dry spell, dry weather, five degrees, himachal pradesh, kufri, kullu district, manmohan, manmohan singh, meteorological office, night temperature, picturesque town, time of the season, tourist resorts, warm weather, weatherman