Heavy rains lash capital on I-Day (Second Lead)August 15th, 2011 - 8:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 15 (IANS) Heavy rains accompanied by strong winds hit the national capital as the country celebrated its 65th Independence Day Monday. The weather office has forecast light rainfall Tuesday.
The city received incessant rainfall since late Sunday.
An official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said: “Till 8.30 a.m., 28.5 mm of rainfall was recorded.”
Between 8.30 a.m. and 5.30 p.m., 4.6 mm rainfall was recorded, he said.
“The maximum temperature was 28.1 degrees Celsius, five notches below average. The minimum temperature was recorded at 25.1 degrees Celsius, a notch below average,” said the official.
On Tuesday, the sky will be partly cloudy and there will be light rainfall in some parts of the capital, he said.
“The maximum temperature would be around 33 degrees Celsius and the minimum would hover around 25 degrees Celsius on Tuesday,” said the official.
“The capital will receive rainfall throughout Tuesday but skies will remain clear during the next three days. Rains will be back towards the end of the week,” said the official.
- Delhi has a breezy Tuesday (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Cool, wet day in Delhi - Aug 16, 2011
- Windy morning in Delhi, rains expected - Aug 13, 2012
- Heavy rains expected in Delhi - Aug 14, 2012
- Pleasant Wednesday, rains likely Thursday (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Steamy Monday in Delhi as rains stay away again (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Pleasant morning in Delhi, clear day ahead - Apr 25, 2012
- Thundershowers lash Delhi, more rain predicted (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Muggy morning in Delhi, light rains likely - Jul 24, 2012
- Rain likely in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Muggy Sunday morning in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, light showers expected - Jul 28, 2012
- Rainy day for Delhi - Jul 31, 2012
- Humid, cloudy Sunday in Delhi; rains likely Monday (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Hot, sweltering day for Delhi - Jun 28, 2012
Tags: heavy rains, independence day, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, light rainfall, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, New Delhi, notch, notches, sky, strong winds, weather office