Heavy rain predicted in HimachalJuly 4th, 2010 - 9:39 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 4 (IANS) The hills of Himachal Pradesh may experience heavy rainfall in the next two days, a weather official said Sunday.
“There are chances of heavy spells of rain across the state till Tuesday,” Manmohan Singh, the meteorological office director, told IANS.
He said Shimla, Solan, Bilaspur, Una, Hamirpur, Sirmaur and Kangra districts would experience heavy rainfall.
Most of the prominent tourist towns like Shimla, Narkanda, Kufri, Kalpa, Kasauli, Chamba, Dharamsala, Palampur and Manali saw good spells of rain Sunday.
Shimla saw a massive decline in day temperature. It recorded a high of 20.2 degrees Celsius, down from Saturday’s 24.3 degrees.
Likewise, Dharamsala - the seat of the Tibetan government-in-exile - saw a high of 31.8 degrees, while it was 32.8 degrees in Una town. These towns Saturday recorded the day temperatures at 33.4 degrees and 34.2 degrees respectively.
- Heavy rains predicted in Himachal - Jul 08, 2012
- Himachal gets drenched - Jul 07, 2012
- Warming Himachal hills portend rains? - Jul 03, 2012
- Rains bring down temperatures in Himachal - Jul 05, 2012
- Himachal may get heavy rains - Jul 17, 2010
- Heavy rains likely in Himachal Tuesday - Jun 07, 2010
- Himachal may see heavy rains, rivers in spate - Aug 19, 2012
- Himachal gets season's first snow amid rains (Lead) - Aug 13, 2011
- More snow in Himachal, high alert in state (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- Shimla's temperature 6 degrees above average - May 29, 2012
- More snow in Shimla, Manali (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Heat grips Shimla too (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Evening showers cool Shimla - May 30, 2011
- Avalanche threat in Himachal - Jan 16, 2012
- Temperatures soar across Himachal, rain in store - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: dharamsala, hamirpur, heavy rain, kangra, kasauli, manali, manmohan, manmohan singh, massive decline, meteorological office, narkanda, office director, palampur, rain sunday, rainfall, shimla, solan, spells, tibetan government in exile, tourist towns