Guide for bird-watching in UAE launchedMarch 29th, 2012 - 10:12 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, March 29 (IANS/WAM) The United Arab Emirates’ Environment Agency - Abu Dhabi (EAD) launched the “Birds of the United Arab Emirates” guide Thursday.
The 256-page illustrated guide includes an introduction about bird-watching besides information about the equipment used and code of conduct. It also provides bird watchers with information on where to watch birds in the UAE, how to watch birds and how to identify them.
Written by Simon Aspinall, Salim Javed and Hanne and Jens Eriksen, the guide is aimed at providing information about birds and bird-watching to the general public. It was launched during the 22nd Abu Dhabi International Book Fair being held at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre.
- UAE, China hold bilateral talks - Mar 30, 2012
- Etihad to run daily Brisbane-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 16, 2012
- UAE mourns death of Saudi crown prince - Jun 16, 2012
- UAE citizenship for 930 Emirati women-born kids - Apr 07, 2012
- UAE launches 'Aviation Encyclopedia' - Feb 26, 2012
- Greater Flamingo breeds at Al Wathba Wetland Reserve - Aug 14, 2012
- UAE, Lithuania to tighten economic ties - May 08, 2012
- Etihad Airways signs MoU with International Golden Group - Jan 10, 2012
- UAE anti-plastic bags campaign a hit with private sector - May 06, 2011
- UAE, Germany to collaborate on security - Mar 12, 2012
- UAE, Egypt sign deal for heart surgery centre - Jul 31, 2012
- UAE, Belgium discuss bilateral cooperation - Jan 09, 2012
- UAE's insurance company offers circumcision coverage - Mar 28, 2012
- UAE, Western Australia keen to boost commercial cooperation - Jun 04, 2011
- Czech envoy hails development of Abu Dhabi - Sep 29, 2011