Government seeks SC nod for eco-tourism norms’ reviewAugust 21st, 2012 - 11:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 21 (IANS) The government Tuesday sought the Supreme Court’s nod to review the guidelines on eco-tourism in and around protected areas following requests from stakeholders.
The requests for the review were received from state governments and indigenous communities soon after the July 24 apex court interim order banning tourism in the core area of tiger reserve, the government said.
- Centre seeks SC nod to review eco-tourism norms (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- SC bans tourism in core areas of tiger reserves (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Conservationists against tourism ban in tiger reserves - Nov 07, 2011
- Panel proposes cess on hotels around tiger reserves - Jun 02, 2011
- SC bans tourism in core areas of tiger reserves - Jul 24, 2012
- Panel to set tourism norms around tiger reserves - Dec 29, 2010
- Saving tiger, tourism can go on together: Sahay - Jul 29, 2012
- Tourists banned in core areas of Madhya Pradesh tiger reserves - Dec 11, 2010
- Environmentalists slam move for cess on hotels near reserves - Jun 04, 2011
- No move to ban tourism in tiger reserves, says Ramesh - May 05, 2010