Four Polish hikers killed by lightningJuly 29th, 2012 - 10:03 am ICT by IANS
London, July 29 (IANS) Four people hiking in mountains in southern Poland were killed by lightning, BBC reported.
The four — a couple in their 50s, their daughter and her boyfriend — were last seen Wednesday when they went off the trail in search of shelter from a violent storm.
Their bodies were found Friday at the bottom of a ravine in the Pieniny mountains, near the Slovak border.
Polish authorities will investigate the exact cause of death.
- Bodies of two mountain climbers found - Jul 16, 2012
- Six killed in Poland train collision - Mar 04, 2012
- Bollywood should do a 'Zindagi Na...' in Poland: Ambassador - Nov 29, 2011
- Polish border guards ready for Euro 2012 - May 23, 2012
- Lightning Kills Woman Before Boyfriend Could Propose For Marriage - Jun 10, 2010
- Experienced Climber Dies In Fall At Mount Rainier - Jul 29, 2010
- European tourists found alive in Chilean volcano - Apr 25, 2011
- Storm kills three, damages many houses in Tripura - Apr 08, 2012
- Travelers stranded at Yellowstone National Park due to winter storm - Feb 28, 2012
- UEFA must punish Russian FA over flare: Polish FA - Jun 11, 2012
- Warming could unleash more violent storms, says study - Jul 11, 2012
- 12 more Myanmarese held in Tripura - Mar 08, 2012
- Typhoon Kai-Tak causes havoc in China (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- 42 die in Morocco accident - Sep 04, 2012
- Security preparations for Euro 2012 in final phase: Polish official - Dec 07, 2011