Fog envelopes Delhi, north India shivers (Lead)December 6th, 2010 - 8:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 6 (IANS) Heavy fog covered Delhi Monday, and a cold wave swept through large parts of north India, causing the people to shiver, the weather office said.
“The skies have remained cloudless throughout the day. It is due to a cover of a highly humid fog that one may experience lesser sunshine than normal,” said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Though northern parts of the country are facing the onslaught of a harsh winter already, this did not have a direct bearing on the slight drop in temperatures here, he said.
Srinagar registered the season’s coldest day Monday with minimum temperature at minus 3.4 degrees Celsius. The minimum temperature in Ladakh was minus 12.8 degrees Celsius.
Delhi’s wintry, misty day dawned with the minimum temperature at 7.9 degrees Celsius, falling a degree below the average for this time of the season, and maximum humidity at 95 percent. The maximum temperature was recorded at 23.9 degrees Celsius.
“We expect the temperature to stay constant for the next two to three days,” the official added.
- North India shivers as winter chill continues (Roundup) - Dec 27, 2011
- Snowless but bone-chilling Christmas in north India (Roundup) - Dec 25, 2011
- 12 die in UP, Bhopal sees frost as winter onslaught continues (Roundup) - Jan 05, 2011
- Cold keeps grip on north India, fog affects 51 trains (Roundup) - Dec 28, 2011
- Delhi experiences season's coldest day so far (Lead) - Dec 11, 2010
- Pleasant weather in Delhi on Republic Day (Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Misty morning in the capital - Nov 08, 2011
- Delhi shivers at 3.3 degrees - coldest so far - Dec 24, 2011
- Six more die in UP, two in Rajastan as winter freeze spreads (Roundup) - Jan 04, 2011
- Feeling cold in the plains? Head to the hills! - Dec 25, 2011
- Chilly day in Delhi, clear Thursday in store (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Fog disrupts trains, flights (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Wet, foggy Saturday in Delhi, to continue Sunday (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Misty morning in Delhi - Oct 31, 2011
- Thick fog, nippy winds in Delhi - Dec 29, 2011
Tags: bearing, cold wave, coldest day, envelopes, fog, harsh winter, humidity, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, New Delhi, north india, onslaught, shivers, sunshine, temperatures, time of the season, weather office