Five poachers arrested in RajasthanJuly 26th, 2012 - 10:17 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, July 26 (IANS) Five poachers were arrested in Rajastan’s Nagaur district Thursday and remains of at least two chinkaras (Indian gazelle) recovered from them, police said.
According to the police, the remains of two chinkaras, a protected animal under wildlife laws, were recovered from Rohtu village in the district, some 200 km from Jaipur.
“The villagers informed police Wednesday night that some people were poaching chinkaras in a forest area here. A police team was immediately rushed to the place. On suspicion, a bike was intercepted and carcass of a chinkara was recovered. The biker, Tanwara Ram, was arrested,” a police officer told IANS.
“Tanwara Ram told police that the chinkara had been poached by him and four others. On the basis of this information, we arrested four more men Thursday and seized a chinkara from their possession,” said the officer.
He added that the five men confessed to having poached the animals to sell them.
“They have booked under various sections of the Wildlife Protection Act. Further investigation is on,” said the officer.
- Three poachers arrested with chinkara parts - Jan 28, 2012
- Four arrested for poaching peacocks in Rajasthan - Jun 17, 2012
- Army men booked for black buck poaching - Dec 20, 2011
- More peacocks found dead in Rajasthan - Feb 26, 2011
- Probe ordered in poaching charge against army soldiers - Nov 25, 2011
- Forest guards, cops foil poaching attempt in Assam - Jun 01, 2012
- Blood sport: 40 Chinkara gazelles killed in Pakistan - Oct 19, 2010
- Salman told to appear in court in poaching case - Aug 09, 2011
- Now, tigers and leopards targeted by Maoists - Sep 12, 2012
- Leopard skin, psychotropic drugs recovered in Srinagar - Feb 09, 2011
- Nine peacocks found dead in Rajasthan - Dec 10, 2011
- Rajasthan to deploy special police to protect forests - Mar 04, 2011
- Two arrested for killing peacocks - Feb 11, 2011
- Two poachers held with deer carcasses in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 16, 2010
- Salman told to appear in court in poaching case (Lead) - Aug 10, 2011