Fishermen alerted in Orissa over rough sea conditionAugust 25th, 2009 - 5:11 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Aug 25 (IANS) The meteorological office here advised fishermen in Orissa not to venture into the sea as it will be rough due to a low pressure formed over North-West Bay of Bengal.
“A low pressure area has formed over North-West Bay of Bengal and adjoining coastal areas of Orissa today (Tuesday),” the met centre at Bhubaneswar said in a bulletin.
“Under its influence gusty surface wind speed reaching 45 to 55 km per hour and gusting to 65 km per hour likely to prevail along and off Orissa Coast. Sea condition will be rough to very rough,” it said.
“Rain or thundershower likely to occur at most places over the state. Heavy to very heavy rain likely to occur at isolated places. Fishermen are advised not to venture into sea,” the bulletin said.
- Orissa fishermen warned against going into rough sea - Aug 29, 2011
- Orissa warns fishermen against going to sea - Jun 15, 2011
- Odisha fishermen warned against going into sea - Aug 18, 2012
- Deep depression crosses West Bengal coast (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Rains claim 16 lives, damage crops in Andhra - Dec 08, 2010
- Orissa alerts fishermen about rough sea - Jul 13, 2009
- Depression over Bay of Bengal, fishermen alerted - Oct 19, 2011
- Rain-battered coastal Andhra braces for cyclone - Nov 04, 2010
- Andhra escapes rain fury as depression moves to Orissa - Oct 08, 2010
- Deep depression crosses Orissa coast (Lead) - Sep 05, 2009
- Cyclone Thane to cross Tamil Nadu coast Friday morning - Dec 29, 2011
- Orissa fishermen alerted over cyclone 'Jal' - Nov 07, 2010
- Orissa alerts fishermen about rough sea - Sep 28, 2009
- More heavy rains to hit flood-battered Orissa (Lead) - Jul 20, 2009
- Cyclone weakens, heavy rains likely in Orissa - Nov 08, 2010