First urban flea market for poochesJanuary 13th, 2012 - 7:29 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 13 (IANS) Facilitating pet-parents to shop for canine-oriented products at a discounted rate, the first urban flea market for pooches is to be hosted here Saturday starting 11 a.m., an organiser said.
Titled as “Urban Dogs”, the one-day fun fest is organised by www.urbanbrat.com and World For All (WFA), an NGO for animal care and adoptions as part of launch of a pet fashion brand, urbanbrat.com. The fest will also celebrate the first anniversary of the WFA.
“At the event, lots of celebration and festivity can be expected in terms of discounts, offers, sales, games, fun music, on-the-spot contests, photography and fun activities,” said Apeksha Harihar, Founder of urbanbrat.com.
“The event is inspired by a flea market in an urban setup. Stalls having pet products and services will be on discount and registered visitors will have a chance to win a jackpot and lucky draw prizes too,” she added.
Prizes for different categories like the best dressed dogs and dogs with the maximum accessories will also be given out at the event. Pet parents and dog lovers can also adopt puppies and kittens at the fest.
Party hats, frilly bracelets and goodie bags will be given out to all pet parents who join the celebrations.
“For the first hundred visitors, special edition of ‘Where’s My Bone’ magazine, India’s first pet lifestyle magazine will be handed out,” said Harihar, editor of the magazine.
“The event celebrates the joy of owning a pet and for those who do not have one can fulfil their dreams at the event itself by taking home cute pets absolutely free of cost, being offered by WFA animal care and adoptions,” she added.
According to Harihar, the pet market is seeing a steady growth of 36 percent annually and is estimated to be a Rs.3-4 crore industry at its onset.
“On an average at least 50 people buy or adopt dogs everyday in India. The industry is growing very fast, although its still in its nascent stage,” she said.
The event will be held from 11am to 6 pm at Bandra Hindu Association Hall, located on Linking road in Bandra west.
- Book lists products, services for pets - Apr 14, 2011
- PETA director Pammie to save dogs affected by oil spill - Jul 31, 2010
- Elle Macpherson's labradoodle lands five-figure fashion deal! - Aug 28, 2009
- Today is National Dog Day! - Aug 26, 2011
- Safety Tips For Pets On Halloween - Oct 29, 2010
- Drew Barrymore adopts puppy - Feb 03, 2012
- Single dogs can now find a mate on the web - Nov 14, 2010
- Justin Bieber teams up with PETA to promote animal adoption - Jan 21, 2011
- Stewart, Pattinson fight over dog's custody - Aug 01, 2012
- Pet Store Products Might Be Harmful For Pets - Jun 18, 2010
- Charlize Theron restarts dog collection - Dec 16, 2011
- Chinese province bans dog meat festival - Sep 20, 2011
- Peter Andre gets a new pet - Jan 31, 2012
- Karnataka bans holding of tomatoes festival Sunday - Sep 16, 2011
- Paris Hilton adopts new dog - Dec 17, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,