First in South Asia, a dolphin show in PakistanAugust 13th, 2012 - 12:59 pm ICT by IANS
Karachi, Aug 13 (IANS) Pakistanis will now get to see a delightful show of dolphins performing acrobatics here, a first for the entire South Asian region.
Mustafa Kamal of Talent Brokers International, which is spearheading the project, said it was the first-ever dolphin show not only in Pakistan but the whole SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) region, reported The News International Monday.
The show starts Oct 1 and continues until Nov 30. It could be extended by another two months. From Karachi, the show moves to Lahore in February 2013.
A special pool for the dolphins was being constructed. The pool will be 15 feet deep, 100 feet long and 50 feet wide. It will house two sea lions and four dolphins.
The dolphins will be from Russia and the trainers will be Russians too.
- Dolphin activists oppose Sea World project in Maharashtra - Feb 29, 2012
- Bangladesh will tour Pakistan: ICC - Apr 15, 2012
- South Asia to gain when Pakistan frees trade with India: Chamber head - Mar 21, 2012
- Dolphins, marine mammals hunted for human consumption - Jan 25, 2012
- Collective steps needed to tackle terror: Rehman Malik - Jul 25, 2011
- Lucknow doctor set to lecture surgeons in Pakistan - Mar 17, 2012
- Eurozone events should not deter South Asian union, says PM - Jun 29, 2012
- Pakistan tour: Bangladesh Cricket Board satisfied with security - Mar 05, 2012
- India pitches for more trade, investment in SAARC - Jan 30, 2012
- Thematic Sea World to come up in Sindhudurg - Oct 18, 2011
- Surajkund Mela to go international - Jun 07, 2012
- Myanmar dolphins work with fishermen - May 28, 2012
- To counter China, India needs to do naval diplomacy (Comment) - Aug 28, 2011
- 'Irrelevant parties should stay out of South China Sea' - Apr 10, 2012
- Call for liberalising trade and travel in South Asia (Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
Tags: acrobatics, brokers international, dolphin, dolphin show, dolphins, kamal, news international, pakistan karachi, pakistanis, pool, russia, russians, saarc, sea lions, South Asia, south asian association, south asian association for regional cooperation, south asian region