Environment ministry to hear Lavasa ThursdayDecember 8th, 2010 - 6:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 8 (IANS) The environment ministry will Thursday hear Lavasa Corporation’s views on the ’stop work’ orders issued to its Lake City project near Pune for violating green laws, officials said Wednesday.
Ordering an interim stay on the environment ministry’s order, the Bombay high court Tuesday asked the ministry to hear Hindustan Construction Company’s subsidiary Lavasa Corporation Ltd. Dec 9.
“In pursuance of the Bombay high court order, it is proposed to hear Lavasa on Dec 9 (Thursday) at 3 p.m. in the ministry. You may appear in person or through your representatives,” said the ministry’s letter to Lavasa.
The environment ministry Nov 25 slapped a show-cause notice on Lavasa Corporation because it had allegedly failed to secure necessary environmental clearance before starting work on its 5,000-plus hectare Lake City project coming up in Mulshi sub-district of Pune, around 200 km from Mumbai.
The central government also ordered a stop to construction work at the site till the Lavasa Coproration replied to the show-cause notice.
The court has asked the ministry to give its reply by Dec 16.
- Environment ministry to give Lavasa decision Wednesday - Dec 14, 2010
- Judges withdraw from Lavasa Lake City hearing - Dec 06, 2010
- Lavasa disappointed at environment ministry's extended stay - Dec 15, 2010
- Panel to visit Lavasa project in January: Ramesh - Dec 29, 2010
- Lavasa to explain before environment ministry Friday - Dec 09, 2010
- Court upholds ministry's 'stop work' notice to Lavasa - Dec 22, 2010
- Lavasa township project denied environment clearance - Oct 14, 2011
- Conditional green nod for Lavasa hill city project (Roundup) - Nov 09, 2011
- Lavasa welcomes central clearance for hill city - Nov 09, 2011
- Lavasa can't do any construction, says environment ministry - Jan 18, 2011
- Environment ministry orders action against Lavasa, company 'welcomes' this (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Lavasa's Pune project trips on green laws - Jun 10, 2011
- Lavasa applies afresh for environmental clearance - Feb 14, 2011
- Lavasa can't build, has caused green damage: Environment ministry (Lead) - Jan 18, 2011
- Environment Ministry team inspects Lavasa - Jan 05, 2011