Environment ministry to give Lavasa decision WednesdayDecember 14th, 2010 - 8:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 14 (IANS) The environment ministry is likely to give its decision Wednesday on the ’stop work’ notice issued to Lavasa Corporation for violating green laws in its Lake City project near Pune, an official said.The ministry Dec 9 heard the views of Lavasa and the complainant NGO National Alliance of People’s Movement on the show cause notice issued to the company.
“The matter is under consideration and we are in the process of checking adequacy of the documents submitted by Lavasa. Any decision on the issue is likely to be taken by Wednesday,” a senior environment ministry official said.
The environment ministry Nov 25 slapped a show-cause notice on Lavasa Corporation because it had allegedly failed to secure necessary environmental clearances before starting work on its 5,000-plus hectare Lake City project coming up in Mulshi sub-district of Pune district, around 200 km from Mumbai.
Ordering an interim stay on the environment ministry’s order, the Bombay High Court Dec 7 asked the ministry to hear Hindustan Construction Company’s subsidiary Lavasa Corporation Ltd’s views on the matter.
The court had asked the ministry to give its reply by Dec 16.
- Environment ministry to hear Lavasa Thursday - Dec 08, 2010
- Lavasa disappointed at environment ministry's extended stay - Dec 15, 2010
- Lavasa township project denied environment clearance - Oct 14, 2011
- Lavasa to explain before environment ministry Friday - Dec 09, 2010
- Court upholds ministry's 'stop work' notice to Lavasa - Dec 22, 2010
- Panel to visit Lavasa project in January: Ramesh - Dec 29, 2010
- Judges withdraw from Lavasa Lake City hearing - Dec 06, 2010
- Conditional green nod for Lavasa hill city project (Roundup) - Nov 09, 2011
- Lavasa welcomes central clearance for hill city - Nov 09, 2011
- Lavasa can't do any construction, says environment ministry - Jan 18, 2011
- Lavasa applies afresh for environmental clearance - Feb 14, 2011
- Environment ministry orders action against Lavasa, company 'welcomes' this (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Lavasa's Pune project trips on green laws - Jun 10, 2011
- Lavasa can't build, has caused green damage: Environment ministry (Lead) - Jan 18, 2011
- POSCO final decision in a week: Jairam Ramesh - Jan 24, 2011