Elephant hit by truck, killedDecember 1st, 2010 - 12:47 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 30 (IANS) An elephant was killed while its handler was critically injured after being hit by a speeding truck in Uttar Pradesh’s Sonbhadra district Tuesday evening, police said.
The truck spun out of the driver’s control along the Varanasi-Shaktinagar highway and hit the elephant, police said.
“While the elephant died on the spot, the handler received serious injuries and was rushed to a hospital. His condition is stated to be critical,” Superintendent of Police P.P. Singh told reporters in Sonbhadra, some 350 km from Lucknow.
“The truck driver managed to escape from the spot soon after the accident. Efforts are on to nab him,” the officer added.
- Nine killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Apr 19, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh official killed in road accident - Nov 05, 2010
- Eight killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jul 01, 2010
- Three forest guards run over by truck - Jul 27, 2011
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Oct 25, 2010
- Two students killed as truck rams into school bus - Jan 28, 2011
- Returning from marriage, eight of family killed in accident - May 12, 2011
- Truck runs over girl, mobs go on rampage - Apr 19, 2011
- One killed, 21 students injured in accident - Oct 03, 2011
- Five die in accident - Nov 25, 2011
- Elephant pair knocked down by tanker in Noida, one dies - Jun 29, 2012
- 24 students injured in Uttar Pradesh bus accident - Feb 26, 2011
- Four killed, 10 injured as trucks collide - Jan 11, 2011
- 30 students hurt in Uttar Pradesh accident - Nov 12, 2010
- Four of family killed in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 04, 2010