Dust haze over Delhi brings relief from heatMay 2nd, 2009 - 1:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 2 (IANS) A thick haze of dust engulfed the capital Saturday morning, making the hot summer day more unbearable. But the weatherman has predicted a fall in the day temperature for the weekend.
The dust haze made it stuffy and difficult for people to breathe. On Friday, the capital recorded 44.2 degrees Celsius - the highest this season.
“The dust particles suspended in the sky will prevent sunlight from reaching the earth and heating it, so there will be a fall in day temperatures over the next two days,” an official at Safdarjung Met office told IANS.
The minimum temperature Saturday settled at 27.6 degree Celsius, four notches above normal for this time of year.
- Dust haze brings relief from intense heat (Lead) - May 02, 2009
- Hot, dry day in Delhi, mercury to rise Saturday (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Relief for Delhiites as temperature dips - May 03, 2009
- Sunny morning but dust haze likely - Oct 08, 2010
- Relief for Delhiites after mercury dips (Lead) - May 03, 2009
- Dip in temperatures likely over weekend, says met department (Second Lead) - May 02, 2009
- Cloudy, dusty morning in Delhi - May 17, 2012
- Dust haze blankets Delhi, hot day ahead - May 18, 2012
- Clear morning in Delhi, light rains ahead - Jun 03, 2012
- Delhi cools under dust blanket (Lead) - Jun 04, 2010
- Warm, sunny Monday expected (Lead) - Dec 04, 2011
- Hot day in Delhi, dust storm likely - Jun 02, 2012
- Pleasant weekend in Delhi, mercury to rise (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Warm day in store for Delhi Saturday (Lead) - Dec 02, 2011
- Delhi minimum temperature breaks 40-year record (Second Lead) - Jun 03, 2010