Dubai to observe World Migratory Bird DayMay 11th, 2012 - 12:47 am ICT by IANS
Dubai, May 10 (IANS/WAM) The environment department of the Dubai Municipality in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) will mark World Migratory Bird Day May 12-13.
This year’s theme is “Migratory Birds and People: Together through Time”. The day was first observed in 2006.
The World Migratory Bird Day is a global initiative devoted to celebrating migratory birds and for promoting actions for their conservation worldwide.
It is being organised by the Secretariats of the African-Eurasian Migratory Water Bird Agreement (AEWA) and the Convention on Migratory Species (CMS) — two international wildlife treaties administered by the UN Environment Programme (UNEP).
- 1,500 trees planted in Abu Dhabi - Mar 14, 2012
- Over 250 people to get new houses in UAE - May 12, 2012
- UAE discusses cooperation with UNHCR - Apr 27, 2012
- UAE, Japan hold talks - Jan 29, 2012
- Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr dates forecast in UAE - May 12, 2012
- UAE bakery feeds 5,000 Somali families a day - Jul 09, 2012
- UAE president fractures arm - Jan 10, 2011
- Dubai ruler's website soon on iPhone - Jul 01, 2011
- Dubai ruler wants to honour mothers on accession day - Jan 01, 2012
- UAE, Yemen hold talks - Jan 15, 2012
- Emirates Airlines to launch new flight to Washington - Mar 18, 2012
- UAE charity helps 1 mn people - May 10, 2012
- Abu Dhabi prince meets US defence secretary - Mar 16, 2012
- UAE to use biodegradable plastic bags by 2013 - May 16, 2011
- Three kg hashish seized in UAE - Apr 14, 2011
Tags: aewa, cms, convention on migratory species, dubai municipality, global initiative, international wildlife, migratory bird day, migratory birds, treaties, uae, united arab emirates, vm, water bird