Delhi to get colder (Lead)November 25th, 2010 - 8:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 25 (IANS) The national capital witnessed a misty cold morning Thursday and the day temperature stayed below average. The weatherman has predicted that the chill may increase in the next few days.
On Thursday, Delhi recorded a minimum temperature of 16.7 degrees Celsius, one notch above the average, while the maximum settled at 21.8 degrees Celsius, five degrees below the average, an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
The humidity levels saw a high of 96 percent and a low of 53 percent, the official added.
“Along with the present early morning and evening chill, the day too will start getting colder after the pre-winter rain yesterday (Wednesday). There will be a sharp decline in the minimum and maximum temperatures,” the official added.
The Met office has predicted a clear sky Friday with the maximum and minimum temperatures expected to hover around 24 and 15 degrees Celsius, respectively.
- Chilly day in Delhi, clear Thursday in store (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Sultry morning in Delhi - Jun 08, 2012
- Misty morning in capital, clear day ahead - Mar 16, 2012
- Sunny but chilly morning for Delhi - Dec 16, 2010
- Pleasant weekend forecast for Delhi (Lead) - Nov 19, 2011
- Cold day in Delhi (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi ahead of Diwali(Lead) - Oct 25, 2011
- Pleasant day in capital - Nov 25, 2011
- Warm, sunny Monday expected (Lead) - Dec 04, 2011
- Sunny, pleasant day in Delhi (Lead) - Oct 29, 2011
- Windy Friday in Delhi, mercury to rise Saturday (Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
- Delhi experiences a pleasant Sunday (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- Misty morning, warm day ahead - Dec 13, 2010
- Capital braces for early onset of winter as mercury dips (Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Clear, sunny skies on Holi in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
Tags: chill, clear sky, cold morning, decline, few days, five degrees, humidity levels, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, maximum temperatures, minimum temperature, minimum temperatures, morning and evening, New Delhi, notch, weatherman, winter rain