Delhi government, DDA, MCD get contempt of court noticeNovember 24th, 2011 - 4:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 24 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Thursday issued contempt notices to the Delhi government, Delhi Development Authority (DDA) and the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) for non-compliance of its order to implement the provision of a law that prohibits throwing of garbage and other objects in the Yamuna river bed or at public places in the city.
Justice Vipin Sanghi sought their replies by Feb 7.
The court was hearing a petition filed by Vinod Kumar Jain that in 2006 the court had directed the government, the civic agency and DDA to take adequate steps to prohibit throwing of garbage and other objects into river bed, drain sewer etc.
The court later also directed the authorities to implement in totality the Delhi Plastic Bag (Manufacture, Sales and Usage) and Non-Biodegradable Garbage (Control) Act, 2000, and its further amendmentments in 2005.
“Accordingly, the government identified 13 sites near the river bed to throw the same. But till date it is still under process due to which the garbage is thrown in the river,” said the petition.
“The respondents have neglected to perform their duties to prevent pollution of the river and have, therefore, wilfully and knowingly disobeyed the orders passed by this court in 2006,” said Jain, adding that all committed contempt of court and are liable to proceedings against them.
- Court orders permanent commissions for three IAF women officers - Mar 13, 2012
- Court seeks report on water-logging in Delhi - Aug 07, 2012
- Court questions MCD on Yamuna bank enclosures - Feb 23, 2012
- Court slams Delhi civic agencies for waterlogging (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Immediately remove Urdu council director, government told - Feb 21, 2012
- Land reclaimed after mosque demolition, DDA tells court (Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Woman double-crosses court for son's custody, gets rap - Feb 25, 2012
- Set up committee to prevent waterlogging, says high court - Aug 28, 2012
- Contempt notice to central government, Medical Council - Feb 28, 2012
- Court dismisses DLF plea (Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- Air India moves court against striking pilots - May 23, 2012
- Contempt notice issued to Air India pilots (Second Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Enough is enough, apex court tells N.D. Tiwari (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Dikshit, DJB officers issued notice on water meters - Jun 04, 2012
- We have reclaimed land from mosque, DDA tells court - Jan 14, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,