CWG: Over 63,000 posters, hoardings removed in DelhiSeptember 1st, 2010 - 11:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 1 (IANS) With just over a month to go for the Commonwealth Games, Delhi Urban Development Minister A.K. Walia Wednesday said that around 63,000 posters, hoardings and boards have been removed from the capital between January and August.
Chairing a review meeting on defacement, Walia also asked the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) and the Delhi Police to make the capital free of posters and hoardings before the Oct 3-14 Games by launching a forceful drive against it during this month.
According to officials, Delhi Police registered 247 cases against defaulters during April-August.
The maximum cases were registered in north district - 83 - followed by 61 in outer district, 46 in south Delhi and 1 in northwest district.
With reports that the MCD and the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) are finding it difficult in getting FIRs registered against those involved in defacement, Walia said a letter has been sent to the Delhi Police commissioner to ask the district police chiefs to intervene in such matters.
“As far as NDMC areas are concerned, 249 hoardings and 44 advertisement boards were removed between April and July,” the official added.
- 159 held for defacing public property in Delhi - Apr 06, 2010
- A civic-conscious couple seeks to make Delhi poster free - Jan 10, 2011
- Clean up trans-Yamuna area, Delhi civic agency told - Jul 24, 2010
- Anti-defacement drive in Delhi ahead of CWG - Aug 11, 2010
- 3,939 posters down, more to go in anti-defacement drive - Sep 15, 2009
- Dengue review meeting's focus on coordination: Azad - Sep 03, 2010
- Nearly 12,000 illegal hoardings removed in Delhi - Jan 13, 2010
- MCD to crack down on defacement of public property - Aug 21, 2009
- 8,000 posters removed as civic agency cracks down on defacement - Aug 27, 2009
- MCD polls have lost their carnival spirit: Contestants - Apr 05, 2012
- Delhi civic polls: BJP headed for win (Third Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Anna supporters booked for defacement - Jul 31, 2012
- A retired colonel uses Facebook for a clean city - Jul 11, 2011
- Delhi ready for CWG probe, says Dikshit - Oct 29, 2010
- Parade for healthier Games flagged off - Apr 08, 2010
Tags: advertisement, commonwealth games, cwg, delhi police, development minister, district police, firs, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, ndmc, New Delhi, northwest district, police chiefs, police commissioner, posters, south delhi, urban development, walia