Crocodile eats up girl, 10, in IndonesiaJanuary 22nd, 2012 - 3:03 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Jan 21 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A crocodile in eastern Indonesia attacked and ate up a 10-year-old girl on a river bank, the Jakarta Post reported Saturday.
Juraida was hunting for turtles with her father and a brother when the wild crocodile leered up and snatched the girl, official Viktor Mado Waton said.
“Juraida was seized when she was in about a half-metre of water at the river’s mouth…Her father and brother could only watch helplessly,” said Waton.
Rescuers could only found the girl’s dress and a hair ribbon.
It was the second crocodile’s attack in the area over the last two months.
In early December, a 12-year-old boy was also eaten up by a crocodile, the paper quoted the official as saying.
Authorities plan to close down the area for swimming, Waton added.
- Stolen crocodile, python left outside Kazakh home - Sep 04, 2012
- North Korean envoy caught illegally fishing in Germany - Jan 22, 2012
- North Korea executed three cannibals - May 11, 2012
- Child among three killed in Russian plane crash - Jul 22, 2012
- Thieves in Moscow replace $700,000 with fakes - Dec 27, 2011
- Wildfires smoke forces Siberian airport shut - Jul 14, 2012
- Signal received from missing Indonesian satellite - Aug 13, 2012
- Russia seeks extradition of arms dealer from US - Aug 23, 2012
- Russian caught smuggling 320 turtles from Mexico - Sep 06, 2012
- Siberian leaves woman chained on island, jailed - Nov 24, 2011
- Three Russian Santas clean out jeweller's shop - Dec 29, 2011
- 850 ill due to chlorine poisoning in Egypt - May 30, 2011
- Nine miners trapped in Peru - Apr 08, 2012
- 16 teens die in Bolivia bus accident - Jun 08, 2012
- Olympic gymnastics: Exquisite Kanaeva twirls for rhythmic gold - Aug 11, 2012