Coca-Cola India wins corporate responsibility awardFebruary 19th, 2008 - 5:53 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 19 (IANS) Coca-Cola India has been awarded the Golden Peacock Global Award for corporate social responsibility, the company said here Tuesday. “This award recognises the company’s efforts in water conservation and management, and its community development initiatives,” a company spokesperson said.
Ola Ullsten, former prime minister of Sweden and chairman of the awards jury, presented the award to the company at the third Global Conference on Social Responsibility in Vilamoura, Portugal.
Speaking on the occasion, Ullsten said: “Golden Peacock Awards have been instituted by World Council for Corporate Governance, UK, to create competitiveness in the area of corporate social responsibility. We are hopeful that Coca-Cola India’s effort in promoting sustainable communities sets an example for other organisations to follow.”
Atul Singh, president and CEO of Coca-Cola India, said: “We are also establishing a foundation which will further strive to make a positive impact on local communities. The company remains committed to work with stakeholders and communities across the country in its bid to contribute to mutual growth and development.”
The company spokesperson said Coca-Cola India has installed 320 rainwater-harvesting structures in 17 states and has restored several traditional water bodies and several check dams across the country for water conservation.
The company has a target to reach a “net zero” balance with respect to groundwater use by 2009, the spokesperson said.
It has also undertaken a project to provide drinking water to nearly 30,000 children in 100 schools in and around Chennai. The company plans to provide clean drinking water in 1,000 schools by 2010.
- UN, Coca-Cola water project to impact a million people - Sep 04, 2012
- Coca-Cola, Jain Irrigation to showcase modern mango farming in Andhra - Jul 24, 2012
- Tetra Pak India joins Coca-Cola-NDTV 'Support My School' campaign - Aug 07, 2012
- Coca-Cola India and World Vision to support rural schools in India - Jun 06, 2012
- Coca-Cola delivery fleet goes green in Delhi - Jul 09, 2009
- Coca-Cola sales rise 20 percent in India - Jul 17, 2012
- HCC among 10 global companies for green initiative - Jun 20, 2012
- Coke to pull out of Mexican schools to promote anti-obesity drive - Jun 11, 2010
- Coca-Cola eyes Olympic market in Russia - Sep 26, 2011
- Coca Cola plans to invest $5 billion in India by 2020 (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Coca-Cola planning to cash in on cricket World Cup fever - Feb 17, 2011
- Coca-Cola India's 'Support My School' campaign wins Silicon Valley support - Aug 23, 2012
- Mexican bottler to build $140 mn plant in Brazil - Dec 07, 2011
- Coke's secret recipe shifted to a new abode - Dec 13, 2011
- Bottling firm to invest $1.1 bn in Colombia, Brazil - Mar 01, 2012
Tags: atul singh, award recognises, check dams, clean drinking water, community development initiatives, company spokesperson, corporate governance uk, corporate social responsibility, establishing a foundation, former prime minister, global award, global conference, golden peacock, prime minister of sweden, rainwater harvesting, target, traditional water, vilamoura portugal, water bodies, zero balance