Cloudy Thursday for Delhi, rain likely (Lead)August 30th, 2012 - 7:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 30 (IANS) It was a cloudy day for the capital Thursday with the maximum temperature settling at 30.8 degrees Celsius, three notches below the average for the season. After a rained out morning, the met department has forecast more spells of rain.
“The sky in the city would remain generally cloudy. There is possibility of one or two spells of rain in some areas,” said an official from the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Rainfall recorded over the last 24 hours was 14.4 mm.
“Maximum and minimum temperatures would stay around 32 and 25 degrees Celsius, respectively,” added the official.
The minimum temperature recorded Thursday was 24.3 degrees Celsius, two notches below the season’s average, while humidity was a whopping 97 percent.
A total of 489.1 mm of rain has been recorded in Delhi since the outbreak of monsoon in June-end.
With continuous showers in the national capital, the rain deficit has dropped to 0.6 mm. The monsoon is expected to last in the city till Sep 20.
- More rain in store in Delhi - Aug 30, 2012
- Muggy Saturday in Delhi, rain expected Sunday (Lead) - Sep 01, 2012
- Sunny Friday in Delhi, rains expected Saturday (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Muggy Tuesday in Delhi, rain expected Wednesday (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Humid, cloudy Wednesday in Delhi; rains likely Thursday (Lead) - Sep 19, 2012
- Pleasant Wednesday, rains likely Thursday (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, showers ahead - Sep 08, 2012
- Cloudy morning in Delhi, rains likely - Sep 17, 2012
- Humid Saturday for Delhi, rains likely Sunday (Lead) - Sep 17, 2012
- Sporadic rains in Delhi, more likely (Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Breezy Tuesday morning for Delhi, rain likely - Jul 10, 2012
- Pleasant Thursday in Delhi, showers expected Friday (Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Rainy Tuesday for Delhi, more likely Wednesday (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- After cloudy Thursday, rain likely (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Cloudy morning in Delhi, heavy showers likely - Jul 13, 2012
Tags: cloudy day, humidity, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, minimum temperatures, monsoon, New Delhi, outbreak, rain, rainfall, showers, sky, spells, three notches