Cloudy Saturday in Delhi, rains expected Sunday (Lead)July 28th, 2012 - 10:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 28 (IANS) Delhi had a cloudy, humid Saturday with the maximum temperature creeping a notch above the average to 35.4 degrees Celsius. Similar weather is likely Sunday, but accompanied with rains or thundershowers.
“Sunday will have generally cloudy skies and rains or thundershowers may occur. The maximum and minimum temperatures will be around 33 and 27 degrees Celsius, respectively,” an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
With only traces of rainfall recorded till 5.30 p.m., the IMD official Saturday said that the capital’s rainfall deficit had so far grown to 61 percent. The skies had finally opened up Friday evening, bringing relief to a parched city that for weeks had watched the dark clouds skim past.
The day’s minimum temperature also went a notch above average to reach 27.8 degrees Celsius while the humidity registered a maximum and minimum of 89 and 55 percent, respectively.
Friday’s maximum temperature was a notch above average at 35.3 degrees, while the minimum temperature was two notches above average at 28.7 degrees Celsius.
- Cloudy day in Delhi, light showers expected - Jul 28, 2012
- Humid morning in Delhi, showers expected - Jul 29, 2012
- Rains at last in Delhi, more expected Saturday (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Sunny Sunday morning in Delhi, wet evening likely - Sep 02, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2011
- Thundershowers lash Delhi, more rain predicted (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, rains ahead - Sep 01, 2011
- Muggy Tuesday in Delhi, rain expected Wednesday (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Humid, cloudy day in Delhi, rains expected Thursday (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, rains likely Friday (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Humid, cloudy Sunday in Delhi; rains likely Monday (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Some Delhi areas see rain (Second Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Cloudy, hot Tuesday in Delhi, rains in store (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Rains bring down mercury in Delhi, more likely (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Sultry morning in Delhi, rain likely - Sep 09, 2012
Tags: cloudy skies, dark clouds, friday evening, humidity, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, minimum temperatures, New Delhi, notch, notches, rainfall deficit, thundershowers, traces, weather