Cloudy, dusty morning in DelhiMay 17th, 2012 - 11:48 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 17 (IANS) The capital saw a cloudy Thursday morning with a dust haze settling over the city and the minimum temperature settling at 27.3 degree Celsius, a notch above average. The met office has forecast dust and thunderstorms later in the day.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the capital received 1.7 mm of rainfall till 8.30 a.m. Thursday.
“The skies will remain cloudy with the possibility of dust and thunderstorms with squall in some areas later in the day. The maximum temperature is expected to settle around 39 degrees Celsius,” an official of the IMD said.
Humidity at 8.30 a.m. was 45 percent.
Wednesday’s maximum temperature was recorded at 42 degrees Celsius, three notches above average, while the minimum settled at 25.6 degrees Celsius.
- Light drizzle in Delhi, thunderstorm likely - Apr 10, 2012
- Clear morning in Delhi, rain likely - Jun 04, 2012
- Bright day in Delhi, thunder storm expected - May 11, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, rain expected - Apr 14, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, dust storm likely - Jun 02, 2012
- Warm, cloudy Sunday for Delhi - Apr 01, 2012
- Hot day for Delhi, likely to be cloudy - Mar 05, 2012
- Hot Thursday in Delhi, similar weather Friday (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Hot, dry day in Delhi, mercury to rise Saturday (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, light showers expected - Jul 28, 2012
- Sunny morning in Delhi, rain likely - May 13, 2012
- Hot day ahead in Delhi - Apr 04, 2012
- Cloudy morning in Delhi - Mar 26, 2012
- Cloudy morning for Delhi - Apr 02, 2012
- Breezy morning for Delhi, showers expected - Sep 06, 2012
Tags: degree celsius, dusty morning, haze, humidity, imd, india meteorological department, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, New Delhi, notch, rainfall, squall, three notches, thunderstorms, thursday morning