CII launches signature campaign on ecologyJuly 23rd, 2008 - 2:24 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 23 (IANS) The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has launched a signature campaign here to promote ecologically sustainable business growth. The chamber has chalked out a programme called the ‘CII Code for Ecologically Sustainable Business Growth’, where it has talked about curtailing use and wastage of natural resources and reduction of certain greenhouse gas emissions.
The code stresses on increasing use of recyclable items and appeals to the business community to adopt a green purchase policy and incorporate latest clean technologies.
“We want the country to grow without compromising the ecological balance,” CII (eastern region) chairman Sandipan Chakravortty said.
“India Inc is high on growth spirit,” he said. “But this higher growth in gross domestic production is slowly leading to ecological imbalances. This has to be tackled with priority.”
CII has already completed the campaign in Mumbai and Chennai, and after Kolkata, will launch it in Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Pune and Ahmedabad.
This code will enable industries to achieve competitiveness through resource conservation and help access best global practices such as waste utilisation, water and energy conservation, Chakravortty said.
- Maharashtra to encourage 'green' industrial projects - Feb 03, 2012
- CII, World Bank Group ink pact to save tiger (With Images) - Jun 27, 2012
- Industrialists hail West Bengal's 'historic day' - May 20, 2011
- CII offers to push Nepal's economic development - Apr 06, 2012
- IIT global alumni meet in Kolkata in December (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Global IIT meet for first time in Kolkata in December - Aug 01, 2012
- Emerging Kerala campaign to be launched in Mumbai - May 13, 2012
- Economy, environment should go hand-in-hand: Jairam - Jun 03, 2011
- Increasing opportunities for women-led businesses in India - Mar 11, 2012
- Industry lauds decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail - Nov 24, 2011
- Integrated mining cities mooted in Gujarat - Dec 16, 2010
- Infrastructure players await policy reforms to spur growth - Nov 23, 2011
- Bansal wants rational pricing of water (Lead) - Jul 27, 2011
- Green buildings catching up fast in India - Dec 02, 2009
- ITC, Bangalore airport get GreenCo awards - Jun 15, 2012
Tags: business growth, chennai, competitiveness, confederation of indian industry, ecological balance, global practices, greenhouse gas emissions, gross domestic production, help access, hyderabad, india inc, kolkata, pune, recyclable items, region chairman, resource conservation, signature campaign, sustainable business, wastage, waste utilisation