Chicken lays double-yolked eggs in ChinaJune 19th, 2011 - 4:17 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, June 19 (IANS) A black hen in China lays eggs about one-fourth the size of a normal egg and they also have two yolks.
An 84-year-old retired professor in China’s Jiangxi province bought the hen about a month ago, Global Times reported Sunday.
The owner, who was thoroughly impressed by the hen’s unique egg-laying capabilities, has now decided to let it live instead of turning it into a dinner. He said the bird has laid several such eggs after that.
- Eggs that bounce like rubber hit China markets - Feb 10, 2012
- Starving hens to hasten molting is now an offence - Mar 11, 2011
- 'Menstruating' hen blamed for bloody egg white - Mar 05, 2012
- Starving hens now an offence in Madhya Pradesh - Oct 14, 2011
- Confining egg-laying hens in cages cruel: Dalai Lama - Sep 01, 2010
- Millions of birds dead, killed in Mexico flu outbreak - Jul 26, 2012
- Dalai Lama speaks out against caging egg-laying hens (Lead) - Sep 01, 2010
- Hen in Chinese village flies to tree to lay eggs daily! - Jul 31, 2009
- Chinese swindles over $474,000 with bank passwords - May 21, 2012
- Hen sits on wrong nest, hatches ducklings - Apr 04, 2012
- Rapid cooling doubles eggs' shelf life - Jun 12, 2012
- Chinese scientists research largest freshwater lake - Aug 03, 2012
- Four dead inhaling toxic gas in China - Nov 14, 2011
- Rains likely to hit China's food bowl - May 28, 2012
- NGO launches programme to protect animal rights - Jun 20, 2011