Chandigarh enjoys bright sunJanuary 13th, 2011 - 6:07 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 13 (IANS) After braving intense cold for the last few days, residents of Chandigarh and surrounding areas enjoyed pleasant sunshine Thursday.However, the sun played hide and seek in various parts of Punjab and Haryana. Met officials have predicted a rise in daytime mercury levels in the coming days.
Chandigarh recorded a low of 5.2 degrees Celsius Thursday.
“There was dense fog in most parts of Punjab and Haryana during Wednesday night and in the wee hours of Thursday. However, it lifted by 8 to 9 a.m. Temperature is also comparatively higher than the past few days,” a Met official said here Thursday.
In Haryana, Hisar, Karnal and Ambala towns registered minimum temperatures of 6.3, 4.2 and 6.9 degrees Celsius, respectively, Thursday.
In Punjab, the industrial city Ludhiana recorded a minimum of 2.8 degrees Celsius.
Patiala and Amritsar cities recorded 3.9 and 3.4 degrees Celsius, respectively, Thursday.
- Bright sunshine in Chandigarh, but mercury dips - Jan 16, 2011
- Fog again hits Punjab, Haryana - Jan 02, 2011
- Cold nights, warmer days in Punjab, Haryana - Jan 27, 2011
- Fog returns in Chandigarh, mercury below normal - Jan 12, 2011
- Dense fog engulfs Punjab, Haryana - Jan 10, 2011
- Punjab and Haryana have showers, mercury rises - Jan 15, 2011
- Maximum temperatures dip in Punjab, Haryana - Jan 04, 2012
- Punjab, Haryana have showers as region gets warmer - Jan 14, 2011
- Hisar shivers at 3.2 degrees - Dec 13, 2010
- Chandigarh sees wettest December in eight years - Dec 31, 2010
- Fog, overcast skies in Punjab, Haryana - Dec 28, 2010
- Amritsar shivers at minus 2.1 degrees - Dec 30, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana have rains, mercury dips - Feb 26, 2011
- Amritsar reels at minus 0.2 degree - Dec 31, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana slightly warmer Thursday - Dec 29, 2011