Canada Aviation Museum to install solar energy systemApril 27th, 2010 - 3:26 am ICT by BNO News
OTTAWA, ONTARIO (BNO NEWS) – The Canada Aviation Museum will be constructing a solar photovoltaic system to provide solar energy, Efinity, a global renewable energy company, announced Monday.
The project will be the first solar energy integration on a museum in Canada, as the 6500 square-meter rooftop area of the museum will soon have a 295 kilowatt solar photovoltaic system installed.
The Canada Aviation Museum building is located in Ottawa, Ontario, housing one of the world’s finest collections of aircraft, and will now also feature 2,051 solar panels that will produce enough energy to meet the needs of approximately 30 homes, in accordance with Ontario’s feed-in tariff program.
The museum will receive lease payments from Enfinity for the use of the rooftop, at the same time benefiting from the production of clean solar energy with predictable power output.
“The Enfinity rooftop lease model provides building owners the opportunity to convert idle rooftop space into a new source of revenue, and to demonstrate environmental leadership with no capital outlay,” said Rafael Dobrzynski, CEO of Enfinity Americas. “At the same time, building owners can take confidence in our local expertise and international knowledge base which ensures the long-term viability of each rooftop solar installation.”
Enfinity specializes in developing and financing renewable energy projects worldwide, and is currently operating in nineteen countries. To date Enfinity has funded and developed over 500 commercial and industrial rooftop solar installations worldwide.
- Delhiites can soon sell solar power to distribution companies(June 5 is World Environment Day) - Jun 05, 2011
- Rooftop solar energy policy in Delhi soon: Dikshit - May 19, 2011
- Delhi's monuments will be lit by solar energy - Sep 17, 2012
- US loans for Indian firms making solar facilities in Rajasthan - Jul 19, 2012
- Puerto Rico to have Caribbean's largest solar project - Oct 07, 2011
- Delhi's rooftop solar power policy a non-starter - Dec 30, 2011
- West Bengal planning new renewable energy policy - Apr 12, 2012
- Abound Solar, Solarsis commission plant in Andhra - Jan 16, 2012
- CSE alleges wrongdoing in solar mission, firm denies charges - Feb 01, 2012
- SCHOTT to supply 20 MW solar power modules to Indian firm - Feb 08, 2011
- Solar lighting for police stations in Kashmir - Feb 02, 2012
- Punj Lloyd bags Golden Temple solar power project - Aug 12, 2010
- Tamil Nadu's new solar energy policy to add 3,000 MW - Mar 12, 2012
- Agartala to be Northeast India's first solar city - Sep 12, 2012
- Solar panels keep buildings cool, keep AC costs down - Jul 19, 2011
Tags: bno, canada aviation museum, capital outlay, dobrzynski, energy integration, enfinity, environmental leadership, financing renewable energy, international knowledge, ontario housing, ottawa ontario, predictable power, renewable energy company, renewable energy projects, rooftop space, solar energy system, solar installation, solar installations, solar photovoltaic system, term viability