Brighton beach left with 23 tonnes’ of rubbishAugust 22nd, 2012 - 6:54 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Brighton, Aug 22 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The level of litter that has been found around the area of Brighton Beach was just way too much. The litter has been said to make the area untidy and the beach goers were advised to go back with their litter because the more they disposed on the area the more the environment gets polluted.
The council of Brighton has tried to install new litter bins around the front of the beach which are estimated to be around 60 of them and yet the littering has not yet stopped. A group of seasonal staff were employed to sort out the level of litter but there was no great improvement that would minimize the litter output.
Many vacations are hosted around the beach thus leading to the increase of the litter. For instance, a lot of people during this weekend had gathered around the beach for their vacations and they left the area extremely dirty which is not ethical to the community at all.
The condition of the area at that moment was as well confirmed by Councilor Ollie Sykes who exclaimed by a single word namely “astonishing”. This condition of the beach made the councilors to come up with a conclusion that any one who goers to the beach is not expected to leave any litter around for the sake of neatness and hygiene.
- Kovalam to get massive makeover - Sep 29, 2011
- Hello, This Is Nature's Call From A Garbage Heap! - Apr 07, 2012
- Now, a fine for littering in Islamabad - Aug 17, 2011
- Messy surroundings make people stereotype others - Apr 08, 2011
- Men’s Accessories: The Magic Lies In Keeping Them Neat And Clean - Nov 30, 2010
- Senior Conservative party councillor Gerry Forsbrey forced to apologise after using the 'N-word' - Jun 08, 2012
- Whistleblowers with a difference - on 'clean Shimla' mission (Letter from Shimla) - Aug 14, 2012
- Adele's eco-friendly home - Apr 13, 2012
- Games knock door, but litter-free Delhi a distant dream - Jun 22, 2010
- '12/24 Karol Bagh' Pay Highly For Maintaining Their Set! - Jun 26, 2010
- Educating civic sense: Bangalore university to start course - Jan 04, 2012
- 'Filthy, expensive Goa no longer attracts German tourists' - Dec 04, 2010
- 40,000 crabs die of cold in Britain - Jan 05, 2011
- Caricatures show Agra's civic plight - Nov 28, 2010
- Lopez to lend voice in next 'Ice Age' - Apr 28, 2011