Bright, warm day in capitalFebruary 10th, 2011 - 3:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 10 (IANS) Shallow fog gave way to a bright and sunny morning in the national capital Thursday with the minimum temperature staying a notch below the normal at 9.5 degrees Celsius. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has forecast a bright day but skies are expected to become cloudy towards the evening.
Low visibility procedure was implemented at the Indira Gandhi International Airport around 2.45 a.m. as visibility dropped to 200 metres on the runway.
“About 25 flights - international and domestic - were operated in the low visibility procedure. There was no diversion, rescheduling or cancellation of flights due to fog,” an airport official said.
The maximum temperature is expected to settle around 24 degrees Celsius.
The capital Monday had received thundershowers, which brought back the winter chill.
- Fogy morning gives way to bright day, cloudy Wednesday likely (Lead) - Feb 22, 2011
- Fog, chill back in Delhi, flights affected - Feb 08, 2011
- Slight drizzle makes way for warm Sunday in Delhi (Lead) - Jan 30, 2011
- Pleasant day in Delhi, rains expected (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Chilly day in Delhi, fog hits trains (Lead) - Dec 26, 2011
- Light fog disrupts flights in Delhi - Feb 22, 2011
- Light fog gives way to bright Sunday - Nov 28, 2010
- Clear Saturday brings relief for Delhi - Jan 21, 2012
- Foggy New Year's eve in Delhi - Dec 31, 2011
- Temperature rises as clouds envelop Delhi (Lead) - Dec 30, 2010
- Dense fog affects road, rail, air traffic (Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- Morning fog affects flights in Delhi, warm day follows (Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- Fog disrupts flight operations at Delhi airport (Lead) - Feb 17, 2011
- Delhiites get respite from bone-chilling cold - Jan 13, 2011
- Sunny day in Delhi, rains likely Saturday (Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,