BP Using Tube To Control Oil LeakMay 14th, 2010 - 9:16 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
May 14, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): In the most recent endeavor to manage the oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico, British Petroleum (BP) is going to install another machine referred to as the riser insertion tube. In keeping with news, almost 5000 barrels of oil are being spilt into the sea everyday. This has come to pass since the Deepwater Horizon rig detonation more than three weeks back that slaughtered 11 rig employees and wounded many others.
This new riser insertion tube is being analyzed as a replacement for the containment dome that was presented earlier. The establishment has divulged that it is taking into account the testing of another option, any time soon, which is referred to as ‘top hat’. Doug Suttles, BP’s chief operating officer, mentioned that both these devices will be set for utilization by late Friday.
The British oil giant has hired an assortment of procedures and employed its resources, including engineers, scientists and technical professionals, to curtail the oil spill. However, none has been triumphant till now. Keeping this in mind, the company is already functioning on formulating the next choices in case of the breakdown of the top hat or insertion tube. BP also desires to apply the blowout preventer utilizing rubber cuttings and other refuse in a process known as junk shot. In this process, every shot is executed to put a stop to the construction of methane hydrates that are supposed to thwart the protective cap over the hole.
In line with reports, some 13,000 people are functioning on curbing the oil spill, including the cleaning and control operations, which extend from coastal Louisiana to St. Petersburg.
- BP's top kill failed to seal oil gusher - May 30, 2010
- Robots Utilized To Maneuver The Containment Dome In The Areas Affected By The Oil Spill - May 10, 2010
- BP tries new technique after 'top kill' fails - May 31, 2010
- Investigation begins into Gulf of Mexico oil spill - May 11, 2010
- US allows BP to drill new Gulf deepwater wells - Oct 22, 2011
- BP sues Cameron, Deepwater Horizon owner Transocean over Gulf of Mexico oil spill - Apr 21, 2011
- Oil Leak Updates: BP Fits Tube To Siphon Oil - May 14, 2010
- Mexico oil spill: US prepares for worst - May 31, 2010
- Oil Spill Grows With Scarce Victory In Curbing It - May 03, 2010
- Rep. Waxman expressed dissapointment with BP's internal investigation into oil spill - May 28, 2010
- BP temporarily suspends "Top kill" procedure - May 28, 2010
- Kevin Costner Claims That His Company's Dream Machine Will Effectively Tackle The Oil Spill In The Gulf Of Mexico - Jun 20, 2010
- US oil spill could reach Louisiana shore by Friday - Apr 29, 2010
- Underwater Vehicles Used To Obstruct Rig Oil Leak - Apr 27, 2010
- US issues fresh moratorium on offshore drilling - Jul 13, 2010
Tags: blowout preventer, british oil, british petroleum, chief operating officer, coastal louisiana, containment, control operations, detonation, gulf of mexico, insertion tube, men at work, methane hydrates, oil giant, oil leak, oil spill, pen men, protective cap, suttles, technical professionals, top hat