Bear mauls two men to deathMarch 6th, 2012 - 10:54 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, March 6 (IANS) A wild bear mauled to death two men in Rajasthan’s Dholpur district over two days and left at least 10 others injured, police said Tuesday.
According to the police, the incidents took place in the forest area near Basai Daang in Dholpur, some 300 km from Jaipur.
A bear had attacked a 45-year old man identified as Rambabu on Monday.
“The bear mauled him to death and then attacked a family of shepherds which had gone to a pond with their flock of sheep for water. Five of the family members were left severely injured,” said a police officer.
The same bear attacked a 40-year old man, Tej Singh in nearby Veerpur village. “Tej Singh had gone into the forest to collect some medicinal plants along with other villagers when the animal attacked the group Tuesday,” said the officer.
While five of them were injured in the attack, the bear killed Tej Singh.
Other residents rushed to the spot, but the bear had dragged Singh’s body deeper into the forest.
A wild life expert team has been sent to the area. “We are trying to locate the animal,” said a forest department officer.
- Dreaded Chambal dacoit killed in shootout - Mar 05, 2012
- Panther dies of thirst in Rajasthan heat - May 30, 2012
- Officials face villagers' wrath over leopard attacks - Nov 09, 2011
- Tiger kills 19 year old - Mar 09, 2012
- Panther kills girl in Rajasthan - Apr 24, 2012
- Rajasthan to deploy special police to protect forests - Mar 04, 2011
- Leopard mauls 11 people, killed by villagers - Mar 25, 2011
- Rajasthan to develop biosphere reserve corridor - Jan 04, 2012
- Two boys drown in pond in Rajasthan - Aug 18, 2012
- Tusker tramples four in Bihar - Jul 08, 2012
- Caged bear mauls girl in Russia - Aug 27, 2012
- Two young boys drown in a Rajasthan pond - Aug 10, 2012
- One electrocuted to death in Rajasthan - Jul 31, 2012
- Two more children drown in pond in Rajasthan - Aug 19, 2012
- Dogs maul girl to death in Haryana - Apr 27, 2012