Auto-rickshaws older than 10 years banned in RanchiMay 15th, 2012 - 8:44 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, May 15 (IANS) The Jharkhand High Court Tuesday directed the state government to ban the plying of auto-rickshaws more than 10 years old on the roads of state capital Ranchi.
There are around 6,000 auto-rickshaw in Ranchi and only around 2,300 had permits, said an affidavit by the government.
The high court bench of Chief Justice P.C. Tatia passed the order while hearing a petition.
It also asked the government to make alternative travel arrangements to meet the requirements of commuters. The court suggested CNG-run auto-rickshaws for the city.
- Autorickshaw users expect smooth ride after court order - Nov 12, 2011
- Court dismisses petitions against GPS systems for Delhi autos - Sep 17, 2012
- Jharkhand Rajya Sabha polls: High court dismisses petition - Apr 05, 2012
- Delhi's autos, taxis to go on strike from Aug 3 - Jul 20, 2012
- Court orders probe into ragging in Jharkhand school - Nov 14, 2011
- Jharkhand court declines to halt demolition drive - Apr 20, 2011
- Agartala to go green with CNG for vehicles, PNG for houses - Sep 14, 2011
- Strike takes autos off Delhi roads, commuters hit - Feb 28, 2012
- Bengal comes out with directives for cabs, auto rickshaws - Aug 22, 2012
- Prakash Tatia sworn in as Jharkhand High Court judge - Apr 11, 2011
- Strike takes autos off Delhi roads, commuters hit (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Dial-an-auto soon in Maharashtra - Apr 03, 2012
- Auto, taxi fare charges likely to increase in Delhi - Jul 25, 2012
- Commuting by CNG driven autos, taxis to cost dearly in Mumbai - Jun 22, 2010
- Auto strike hits hard Mumbai suburban commuters - Apr 16, 2012