As Delhi sizzles, power demand reaches to all-time high (Lead)May 30th, 2012 - 8:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 30 (IANS) The sweltering summer heat in the capital swelled Wednesday, pushing the maximum temperature to the season’s peak of 45 degrees Celsius, five notches above average. The Met department has forecast no respite Thursday.
With the mercury rising to the highest mark this season, the capital also witnessed a high demand for power, which rose to 5,155 Megawatts (MW).
The scorching sun and surface winds made for a hot day, and the residents felt as though they were in an air dryer.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 28 degrees, one notch above average, while the humidity wavered between a high and low of 36 and 13 percent.
According to India Meteorological Department (IMD), Thursday’s maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to be between 45 and 29 degrees Celsius.
–Indo-Asian New Service
- Delhi sees season's hottest day, heat to rise (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, mercury to rise Thursday (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Hot, sunny Wednesday in Delhi (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Delhi sees season's hottest day, rain likely Friday (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Another hot day in store for Delhi - May 11, 2011
- Another sweltering day in Delhi, no respite Sunday (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, mercury to rise Monday (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- Sweltering morning for Delhi, rain likely - Jun 24, 2012
- Scorching day in store for Delhi - Jun 30, 2012
- Hot morning in Delhi, rains expected - Jun 01, 2012
- Sunny morning in Delhi, rain likely - May 13, 2012
- Another blazing day in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Scorching Sunday in Delhi, squalls likely (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- Thunderstorm cools Delhi after scorching heat (Lead) - May 12, 2012
- Clear morning in Delhi, light rains ahead - Jun 03, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,