Army donates blankets, sleeping bags to nomadic tribesJuly 17th, 2012 - 6:34 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, July 17 (IANS) The army Tuesday donated blankets and sleeping bags to members of Jammu and Kashmir’s nomadic Gujjar and Bakarwal tribes who shift to high mountainous pastures with their cattle during summer months.
“These blankets and sleeping bags were procured from the salvage section of the Udhampur-based Ordnance Depot as a welfare measure to help the needy people from the remote region of Mahore,” said Lt. Col. R.K. Palta, the defence spokesman in Jammu.
He said the army donated the items in Saldhar, Lancha, Chaladh, Shikari, Dachan and Sarh villages as part of Operation Sadbhavna.
- Militant hideout busted in Kashmir, arms cache recovered - Aug 27, 2012
- Kashmir nomads want access to pastures close to LoC - Aug 28, 2011
- Kashmir's welfare scheme for nomadic Gujjars - Jul 23, 2012
- Dhoni visits border areas in Kashmir - Jun 02, 2012
- As militancy fades, girls return to school in Jammu's remote regions - Jul 04, 2012
- Off the road: Kashmir's nomads settling down (Feature) - Nov 04, 2011
- Dhoni meets soldiers on Kashmir border (Lead,With Image) - Jun 02, 2012
- Food, fodder dropped for Kashmir's snow-trapped nomads - Jun 02, 2010
- Nomadic goatherds keep date with Kashmir meadows - Jun 02, 2011
- IAF helicopters supply relief material in Jammu and Kashmir's 's snow-affected areas - Jun 02, 2010
- MCD employee held for taking arms licence on fake documents - Aug 20, 2010
- $140 mn lost in ordnance depot fires - Aug 08, 2012
- Indian Army buying 20 mini-UAVs for Kashmir - Aug 29, 2012
- Army in Jammu trains 5,000 for employment - Sep 25, 2011
- Driving training for Jammu and Kashmir youths - Aug 01, 2012