Ant bite nearly kills man

November 3rd, 2010 - 1:32 pm ICT by IANS  

Melbourne, Nov 3 (IANS) A man nearly died after he was bitten by an ant in Australia’s Victoria state.

The 75-year-old man was in a critical condition after he was bitten by the ant. He suffered a severe allergic reaction in Wandiligong in Victoria’s Alpine region.

“He had a known allergy and an EpiPen (emergency device that can inject adrenaline) but it did not work,” AAP quoted Ambulance Victoria spokesman John Mullen as saying.

“When the paramedics arrived, they treated him with intravenous fluids, including adrenaline.”

The type of ant that bit the man is not known.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Environment |

Subscribe