Another rainy day in Delhi, more showers likelySeptember 6th, 2010 - 11:54 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 6 (IANS) Monday morning saw heavy, incessant rains in Delhi, causing waterlogging that slowed down traffic in many areas. The weatherman said there would be more showers as the day progressed.
“Skies will be cloudy with rains and thundershowers in some pockets of the city. One or two spells may be heavy in some areas,” said an official of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD).
The national capital received 18.0 mm of rainfall from Sunday morning till 8.30 a.m. Monday. The rains flooded several roads in the city, leading to traffic jams.
According to the Delhi Traffic Police, traffic movement was slow near the Qutub Metro Station, Aurobindo Marg, a major arterial road in south Delhi, and Badarpur road, which connects Delhi to Faridabad, and Dhaula Kuan among others.
The city recorded a minimum temperature of 25.7 degrees Celsius, normal for this time of the season. The maximum is expected to hover around 31 degrees Celsius.
The maximum humidity was at a high of 100 percent and the minimum was 85 percent.
Delhi has so far received 799.6 mm of rainfall this monsoon season, 42 percent above the average. In the month of August, Delhi received 455.1 mm of rainfall - a good 101 percent above average.
- Rains bring on high humidity in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 07, 2010
- Rains in Delhi bring down mercury, cause traffic snarls (Second Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Season's heaviest rain halts Delhi - Aug 21, 2012
- Sporadic rains lash Delhi, more to come (Lead) - Sep 05, 2010
- Rainy Saturday for Delhi, more showers likely (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Heavy rains lash Delhi for second day, more expected (Lead) - Sep 03, 2010
- Wet day in Delhi, more rains in store Friday (Second Lead) - Aug 04, 2011
- Heavy downpour in Delhi, traffic hit (Second Lead) - Aug 25, 2012
- Heavy rains lash capital (Lead) - Sep 02, 2010
- Cloudy day ahead in Delhi, rains likely - Sep 03, 2010
- Hot day in Delhi, rains expected (Lead) - Aug 29, 2010
- Season's heaviest shower halts Delhi, more rain likely (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Rains at last in Delhi, more expected Saturday (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Heavy September rains in Delhi, more forecast - Sep 05, 2010
Tags: aurobindo, dhaula kuan, faridabad, incessant rains, indian meteorological department, metro station, minimum temperature, monsoon season, month of august, police traffic, rainfall, rainy day, south delhi, thundershowers, time of the season, traffic jams, traffic movement, traffic police, waterlogging, weatherman